- BYU has been ranked in the final AP Top 25 exactly HALF (17 out of 34 times) since 1977.
- Boise State has been ranked in the final AP Top 25 almost half (46%) of its entire time in FBS. And of those Top 25 rankings, three of those are Top 10 finishes. The other four are Top 16.
- Utah has as many Top 10 finishes (3) as BYU.
- TCU has finished in the Final AP Top 25 in eight of the past 11 years. Four of those ranking were in the Top 11.
- Air Force has four Top 25 finishes since 1977.
- In that same span, Wyoming (1996) and San Diego State (1977) have one apiece. UNLV, Louisiana Tech, SJSU, New Mexico, New Mexico State and Idaho have zero.
- Nevada's lone Top 25 finish was last season.
- Fresno State has entered the Top 25 ten times since 1986. The Bulldogs have two Top 25 finishes in their history.
- Colorado State has three Top 25 finishes. The Rams were ranked at one time during the season for seven straight years from 1997 to 2003. Good ol Sonny Lubick.
June 13, 2011
Non-AQ Performance in Final AP Top 25
A few gems from an in-depth study of then/now Non-AQ performance in the AP Top 25: